1. After this we grabbed weights (for me 10 lbs in each hand) and did about 50 lunges across the floor.
2. We did about 20-25 incline chest presses.
3. I did 3 sets of squats (10 reps each or until I could do no more).
4. I did bench presses with my Dad spotting. This was fun because he motivated me to keep pushing and since he was spotting I was able to do extra than if I had been alone! I did 3 reps of about 6-10 or until I couldn't lift it anymore.
5. I did 20 bicep curls with free weights, 30 t-curls (where you start with the weights at your side and then lift your arms to a T position)--> I did this with my thumbs pointed straight out for 10, straight down for 10, and then straight up for 10 to work different muscles.
6. After that my Dad and I maxed out on tricep curls on a bench and then headed to the track to get in some sprinting.
7. We jogged for a couple minutes to warm up.
8. Then we sprinted full speed around the track.
9. We walked around the track for rest and also chatted about life and philosophy, and then sprinted again repeating for a total of 5 times (so 5 max sprints, and 5 rest/talk walks).
It was really enjoyable and great bonding time too! I feel sore, but it is a good sore. I haven't gotten a good all-around workout like that in a long time and it was definitely needed.
So if you are feeling lazy and don't have the energy to workout, plus feel sluggish after eating all those paleo pancakes this morning then call up a friend, your parent, or better yet someone you dislike and really want to beat the crap out of (I mean in a weightlifting competition, not literally) and I swear you will feel so happy after you finish your workout with them (this could also be attributed to the endorphin rush too though...). This is why I really enjoy CrossFit too: it is a great community of motivating people all happy to push each other and themselves to make massive gains in strength mentally and physically. No more excuses now, go grab Fido even and get your butt moving!