-1 apple, cored and finely diced
-1/2 cup modified potato starch (I buy Bob's brand)
-1/2 cup Tapioca flour (again from Bob)
-1/2 cup coconut flour (from Bob)
-1/3 cup melted Coconut oil
-1 tbsp raw honey
-2 tbsp cinnamon (really add as much as you want though!)
-1 tsp baking soda
-A dash of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the potato starch, tapioca flour, coconut flour and coconut oil to a bowl and mix with an automatic mixer. (Do not be alarmed-- some flour may fly around and it will be chunky not doughy consistency at all- that is okay).
2. Once thoroughly mixed, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix until the apples are spread throughout the dough and the eggs are uniformly dissolved.
3. Grease your non-stick muffin pan with a little olive oil (or not if you think it won't stick).
4. Add a good amount of dough to each cup (I made 15 medium-sized muffins).
5. Add to the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Should be aromatic.
6. Pull out and let cool, or if you cannot resist, DEVOUR!
*Adapted from paleomg.com
This dessert was such a hit in my household that I made it twice this weekend! It was super easy and unfortunately took longer to make than eat (yes, they were gone within fifteen minutes-- and I made fifteen muffins!) Thank God they are healthy. Here's the recipe: