- (Free-Range) 5 lbs skinless, bone-in, free-range chicken thighs
-3 cloves of garlic smashed
-1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
-Juice of 2 limes
-2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
-Salt and pepper
-Turmeric, cumin, ginger added to your liking
-3 tbsp coconut oil
-1 cup organic chicken stock
-2 cups organic coconut milk
-1/2 lb pre-washed green beans trimmed and cut in half
-1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
-1 tsp sesame seed oil (optional)
-1/2 cup coarsely chopped Thai basil or mint
-Coconut flakes baked until crisp, then add into the curry for a twist (Bake at 350 and keep your eyes on them, they crisp within 10 minutes!
1. In a food processor combine the onion, garlic, curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Pulse until chunky puree forms, then set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and other spices in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm coconut oil. Add chicken and sear, turning once until golden brown on both sides, about 8 min total. Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker. KEEP THE OIL IN THE PAN STILL GOING.
3. Reduce the pan heat to medium and add the curry mixture and saute, stirring often until fragrant (about 4 min). Whisk in the stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Then transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours (chicken should be very tender).
4. When there is about 15 minutes left in the slow cooker, bring a saucepan 3/4 full of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Stir the beans in the slow cooker and re-cover to warm for 5 minutes.
5. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, warm coconut oil. Add red pepper and stir and toss until glossy and beginning to wilt, 1-2 minutes! Remove from heat and toss in fish sauce, sesame oil and basil and toss to mix well. Garnish the red pepper mixture and toasted coconut on top of the chicken curry and serve at once!!
Enjoy, this one is a bit harder, but so worth it in the end, it tastes amazing!