-1 package brown rice pasta
-1 bunch kale or swiss chard, roughly chopped
-1 stalk broccoli, chopped
-2 green zucchini
-2 yellow squash
-5 carrots, diced
-1 green and red pepper, chopped
-2 can Hunt's fire-roasted tomatoes
-1 large sweet onion, chopped finely
-2 tbsp olive oil
-2 fresh basil leaves
-A dash of cinnamon
-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
-1 tsp oregano
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Turn on your steamer. Follow the directions on your brown rice pasta and begin cooking.
2. Heat up olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion, green/red/yellow pepper, and carrots and cook on medium-high heat. Stir consistently to prevent burning.
3. Once onions are translucent reduce to low-heat and put on a cover for a few minutes.
5. Return to low heat and cover, check on them in about 5-8 min when soft.
7. Then add the two cans of tomato sauce, cover and cook for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Once tomato sauce is aromatic, add a dash of cinnamon, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the steamed kale as well. Reduce to simmer and cover for 3-5 minutes.
10. Stir the mixture in the sautee pan once more and then pour it over the pasta. Mix evenly and serve warm right away. Also taste great the next day as a leftover! Enjoy!