- 1 package of LightLife Organic Tempeh (I like the flax tempeh best)
- 1 can of black beans
- 4 bunches of baby bok choy, shredded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp gluten-free reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup quinoa
- In a separate pot, add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of water. Turn on to high heat. Once it boils, turn down to low heat/simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring once in awhile until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add in red bell pepper, stirring often at medium-heat until pepper pieces soften.
- Mix in black beans, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Mix often, cooking on medium-high heat for five minutes.
- Add in bok choy and cook on low heat for 5 more minutes until bok choy turns dark green.
- Remove from heat.
- Plating: Add quinoa to the bottom of your plate and top with tempeh stir fry. Eat right away or save as fantastic leftovers!