-1 bundle of Asparagus
-2lb of wild Halibut (or fish of choice)
For the Olive Tapenade:
-1 cup pitted black olives
-2 cloves garlic
-1 tbsp capers
-1/2 cup olive oil
For the Tomato Fondue:
-1 can of diced tomatoes
-1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes with basil and garlic (I like the Muir Brand)
-1 clove garlic
-1 can of tomato paste (3 ounces)
-1 small sweet onion, chopped finely
-4 Ounces of Sherry Cooking Wine
-6 Ounces fresh basil, cut in to strips
-Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
The Mashed Potatoes:
-1/2 stick Grass-fed Butter**
-8 Red Potatoes**
-1 tsp Salt
-1/2 cup of coconut cream (or 1 full cup of coconut milk)
**If you are dairy-free and prefer not to eat potatoes, check out my recipe for mashed cauliflower here, it honestly tastes just like real mashed potatoes!**
The Tomato Fondue:
1. Chop the onion and lightly sauté it in a little olive oil with the canned tomatoes, on medium heat.
2. Once the onion soft (about 3-5 min) add the finely chopped garlic and tomato paste.
3. Mix well, then allow to cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the wine, mix well, and place in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 30 minutes in a casserole dish covered with a lid.
5. When cooked, remove from oven, and whisk in the handful of chopped basil.
The Mashed Potatoes:
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Drain the water and add the butter, cream, and salt.
3. Mash and mix either by hand or electrically.
4. Keep warm or heat in a microwave oven for dinner until the rest is done.
(Fondue and Potato dish are made in advance)
The Meat and the Olive Tapenade:
1. You will need to cook everything separately first and then add it together at the end as the picture shows.
2. Set the Halibut on a baking dish, drizzle with a couple tbsp of EVOO, salt, pepper, and oregano and then bake in the oven at 375 F for 20 minutes.
3. At the same time, bring a pot to a boil and boil the bundle of asparagus. This should take about 8 minutes.
4. Place all the tapenade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy consistency.
5. Place the creamed potatoes on the center of the plate, arrange a few asparagus spares around the plate (or more if you really like veggies), place the fish on top, drizzle the tapenade, and lastly place some dollops of tomato fondue on top of the dish and serve.
Hope you enjoy, it truly is yummy!