Time: 15 minutes
- 4 pasture-rasied eggs
- 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup Shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 cups raw Kale (I buy the pre-packaged chopped kale to make prep easier!)
- 1/4 cup crumbled organic feta cheese (I use Organic valley)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: sprouted ezekiel bread!
- Scramble 4 eggs, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and crumbled feta in a bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
- Turn stove onto medium heat and sautee onions with the butter. Once onions become fragrant and transclucent add the mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, and kale. Sautee for 5 minutes until kale softens and turns darker green.
- Add egg mixture from the bowl and turn up the heat to medium-high. Scramble well and cook for 3 minutes until eggs cooked through. Serve on plates for two :)!
I like eating my eggs with sprouted ezekiel bread to start my day off with some whole grains as well as the protein boost from the eggs! I am gluten intolerant, but can tolerate this bread without any GI distress. Enjoy this simple recipe for breakfast or dinner. It is nutrient packed and leaves me feeling full and energized for hours on end!