Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 package of Tru Foods Sprouted lentils
- 1 package organic chicken stock (or vegetable stock of vegan)
- 2 cups water, as needed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large cooking pot. Sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add carrots, zucchini, tomato, celery, and half the container of stock on high heat. Mix often, softening the vegetables.
- After about 5-7 minutes, add the lentils, rest of the chicken stock, salt, pepper, oregano and bay leaves. Stir well.
- The tru food lentils cook fast since they're sprouted. So once the soup boils (about 3-4 minutes) turn down to low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- If the soup is too thick add one cup of water and stir well.
- After 20 minutes serve the soup immediately or save in the fridge for a protein-filled meal for anytime of day. Pairs well with a side of Ezekiel toast and my apple pecan salad.