- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 5 celery stalks and 5 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves (fresh or dried)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 container organic vegetable broth
- 1 package organic TruRoots sprouted Green Lentils
- 1 lb package of spinach
- Organic french goat cheese (if you are vegan, opt for a vegan option of cheese to top the dish with)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat up the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Then add garlic until browned and aromatic. Stir often on medium-high heat.
2. Once browned, about 2 minutes, add the carrots, celery, and onion on medium heat. You may have to add some more olive oil. Cover and let cook for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Stir frequently on high heat until it boils. Then lower to medium-low simmer for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are thoroughly cooked. At this point, I add the bay leaves and desired amount of salt and pepper.