This is a very simple and quick recipe I tweaked from this one. It makes a great lunch or dinner and can be a whole meal for a vegan or vegetarian or a side dish for omnivores. Below is what you need and how to make it! It's super yummy and took me 20 minutes including the process of chopping and making the pasta! Fast, healthy, delicious-- I aim for this in each of my recipes.
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package of organic jovial brown rice spaghetti (12 oz)
- 1 large can organic tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (add more olive oil if vegan)
- Red pepper flakes
- Grated Pecorino Romano for topping or Parmesan (I use Romano because cow dairy really bothers my stomach; also I think the Romano flavor really adds a kick to this dish)
- Cook the pasta by the instructions on the box. It should take approx. 11 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut up the kale and garlic cloves.
- Heat up the olive oil and butter on medium heat in a large pan (or pot).
- Once melted, add the garlic cloves for 2-3 minutes or until soft and aromatic.
- Then add the kale and toss around and cover for 4 minutes to cook.
- The pasta should be done by now, so rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Check and see if the kale is dark green. If so, turn down heat to medium-simmer and add the pasta. Mix the kale and pasta well and add desired amount of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and top with grated cheese. Enjoy! Also makes great leftovers.