- 1 cup greek yogurt (or soy yogurt if vegan)
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I used Tera's Goat Whey protein because it's easier on digestion and tastes great!)
- 1 pack of gluten-free oats by glutenfreeda (this is just the brand I like you can use another brand such as Bob Red Mill's too- it's about 1/2 cup of oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( you may want to add more depending on your desired level of thickness)
-1/2 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tbsp flax seed
-1 tbsp hemp seed
- 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp honey/ maple syrup, optional
If you are a fancy instagrammer you can make this in a mason jar, but I just make it in a bowl covered with wrap or a Tupperware and stick it in the fridge the night before.
1. First put the yogurt in the bowl and add the whey protein and cinnamon and stir until mixed well.
2. Then add the oats, hemp, and flax seeds and stir. It will be thick so once it is well mixed add a little bit of almond milk until you get your desired consistency. If you pour in too much it's okay because it will get thicker once it settles in the fridge.
3. Add your berries and mash them/ mix well with the muesli so it starts to take on color.
4. Add in honey if you choose and mix well.
5. Cover and leave in the fridge over night and take out the next morning and enjoy immediately! Breakfast convenient and ready :).
**If you didn't have time to make it the night before or you forgot, you can use my quick muesli strategy- put it together as I stated above and then leave the muesli in the freezer for about 2-3 minutes and it will be ready to go. I wouldn't recommend doing this a lot though, because soaking overnight isn't just for convenience. The soaking process is a traditional method that helps break down the oats so that they are easier to digest and you get more of the nutrients out of them!
Eat up and enjoy mate!