Serves: 4 people
- 1/2 pound raw, peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1/3 cup red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut/olive oil if dairy-free)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Broccoli slaw (pre-packaged, about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Siete Almond Flour Amazing Grain Free Tortillas (4 for serving- use corn tortillas if you are nut-free)
- Sautee butter in pan and add onion and garlic for about 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add the shrimp, spices, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar and sautee on medium-high heat until liquid starts to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and sautee on low-medium heat for another 3 minutes.
- While the shrimp and bean dish is sauteeing on the stove, prepare the broccoli slaw.
- Mix two tbsp of olive oil, two tbsp of Primal Kitchen mayo, and salt, pepper, and oregano to taste and mix well. (DISCLAIMER: A little mayo goes a LONG way so don't add too much!)
- Remove shrimp mixture from heat and place in a bowl.
- Now prepare the tortillas. Place in the same pan where you cooked the shrimp mixture for 10-15 seconds on each side or until hot.
- The plating: Place the tortilla on a plate, scoop shrimp/bean mixture, and top with broccoli slaw!
Eat up and enjoy-- this dish is one of my personal favorites! And the Primal Kitchen mayo is a must-buy! I get it from Thrive Market for a great discount and if you haven't heard of the website you should definitely check it out. They have a bunch of goodies for a much lower price than you would find at your average organic fare grocery store!