- 2 eggs (preferably pasture-raised)
-1/2 green zucchini chopped, 1/2 yellow squash chopped
-1/2 sweet onion, chopped finely
-4 already cooked small russet potatoes, chopped
-1 tbsp fat of choice (I used tallow)
-1/2 tbsp oregano
-1/2 tbsp turmeric
-1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
-1/2 tbsp sea salt
1. Heat your fat in a pan over medium-high heat and once completely melted add in onions.
2. Once the onions become translucent, lower to medium flame and add in zucchini, squash, and potatoes. Salt to taste. (I also sprinkled on some oregano).
3. In the meantime, whisk your eggs and add in turmeric, salt, red pepper, and oregano.
4. Return to stove and toss the medley several times for about 5-8 minutes until cooked (squash will become crunchy and potatoes will become slightly golden).
5. Once cooked well, add in eggs and toss aggressively mixing the eggs and medley well for a good scramble.
6. Let this cook for 3 minutes, tossing often until it is cooked to your liking.
7. Remove and serve eggs immediately, warm and delicious :).
Simple, super fast, so good.
What's your favorite egg recipe for breakfast?