Serves: 4 people
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup red onions chopped
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 package of Lightlife Flax tempeh
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup baby tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- For topping: gaucamole or cheese (if you aren't dairy free!)
- Optional: Serve over brown rice or with Jackson's Honest Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (made with coconut oil and himalayan sea salt! My favorite!)
- Sautee onions and garlic in a large pan with coconut oil. Once translucent, add in bell peppers, shitake mushrooms, baby tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Turn heat on high and mix well, often, until the tomato sauce comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Leave the mixture boiling and add in tempeh and spinach. Mix well and leave boiling on high heat, about another 5 minutes.
- Add in pinto beans, mix well, cover and turn down low to simmer, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and mix well and serve immediately. Top with guacamole and serve over brown rice for a more ethnic dish! Enjoy!