Serves: 3-4 people
- 1 lb. wild salmon (I recommend Coho or Alaskan King) - dice into square chunks and leave the skin on
- 1 lb. of stir-fry mix - this comes pre-prepared at most grocery stores and consists of broccoli, snow peas, and sliced carrots. If it is not available at your store, then buy ingredients separately!
- 2 cups of shitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thickly
- 1 cup of Organicville's Sesame Teriyaki sauce (you can also make your own and I like this recipe, but if you're in a rush to prep food this is a good brand that I use)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: brown rice for serving with the stir-fry. For instructions, check out this website.
- Sautee onions in the pan with coconut oil. Once translucent, add stir-fry mix on medium heat until broccoli begins to soften and turn dark green, about 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and salmon on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Add in teriyaki sauce and turn heat up until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Turn heat down to low and cover pan, simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve right away, over brown rice if preferred!
This dish is yummy, nutrient-filled, and simple to make! It also makes for delicious leftovers the next day. Enjoy!