Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups of raw oats, blended in a blender
- 1.5 scoops of Tera's Grass-fed Chocolate Whey Protein powder (If vegetarian, sub with a vegan chocolate protein powder)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1.25 cup Califia unsweetened coconut almond milk (if nut-free, unsweetened vanilla soy milk works well too!)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh work!)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- Blend oats in a blender to make your own oat flour!
- Place banana and blueberries in a bowl and mash well.
- Add all ingredients and only 1.5 cups of oat flour. Mix well with a masher or electric beater, if you have one.
- If the batter is too liquidy (rolls off the spoon instead of slowly dripping) add more oat flour and beat with whisk, as necessary.
- Using a small pan and no oil (this part is critical for creating the perfect pancakes), turn the stove on to medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add a small amount of batter and let sit on one side for 2-3 minutes, or until bottom is solid, before flipping over to the other side for about another minute.
- Optional: top with maple syrup, almond or peanut butter, extra berries, or sliced banana!
Tips: Make sure you don't use too much batter for each "dollop" you place in the pan or else your pancakes will be too thick to turn over and will crumble (also small pancakces are cute, so even better!). If the bottom of the pancake is cooking too fast, just turn down to medium heat so that you don't burn your pancakes! Each stove is different, so this is what worked with mine!
Enjoy and eat up! I am so happy I finally created my own protein pancake recipe that is low-fat and high-protein, a great post-workout meal and perfect for the weekend too!